Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What If......

* What if I didn't sneak out of the movies that Friday night when I was 13 and got caught? Would I have gotten to speak to my papa before he died a few days later?

* What if my mom had listened to the doctors and took my little sister off of life support shortly after she was born because they said she would be brain damaged if she even made it. (BTW my sister is 25 and she is perfectly healthy)?

* What if my parents never reconciled after their divorce when I was young?

* What if I stayed with and eventually married my High School Sweet heart?

* What if I never moved to Hot Springs?

* What if I had been more responsible and stayed in college?

* What if I never wished upon that shooting star that night in October?

* What if I decided not to go to Lakeshore Heights Baptist Church?

             If these things never happened I wouldn't be where I am today. Blessed that I got to talk to my papa and hear him say I love you Lynney Pooper one last time.  If my mom had listened to the Doctors I wouldn't have the great blessing to be Lesley's big sister. If my parents never remarried I would not have either of my sisters and I am sure my life would be completely different.  If I married my high school sweetheart I would probably be unhappy and definitely not with the love of my life.  If I never moved to Hot Springs I wouldn't have made so many wonderful friends that love me unconditionally. If I had stayed in school I would be more financial stable and have a job. If I hadn't wished upon that star I wouldn't have got my wish and it would have taken me longer to realize that it's not about being with the boy that everyone wants.  If I had never attended Lakeshore Heights Baptist Church I wouldn't have met my soul mate, my truly wonderfully amazing husband who loves me more than I can fathom and we wouldn't have a precious son who is going to do great things.

            I am glad all those things happened because I wouldn't be the Lynsey that I am today truly blessed with wonderful family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment