Friday, April 8, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Blizzard

Well, it was almost dinner time and we began discussing our possibilities for dinner! Who would of thought that deciding what to eat was so difficult but it is something that turns into a big deal almost every meal! I say all this and it doesn’t really matter but as we were discussing what we were going to eat I began thinking that I could just eat some ice cream for dinner and I would be fine but I knew that Brody needed food and Michael wouldn’t exactly agree with me but, from that point I couldn’t stop thinking about ice cream not just any ice cream I wanted a Chocolate Brownie Blizzard from the Dairy Queen! Thus began the internal fight that I have with myself every time I think I want ice cream. I begin to almost savor it while I am thinking about it and then I say to myself “No, Lynsey, you don’t need it or even really want it!” and then I say to myself “O, but I do want that blizzard it will taste soooo good!” Ok so I go back and forth with myself about this for some time before I even mention it to my dear sweet husband! I ask him if he would like to go and get me a blizzard and he doesn’t really want to so, he tells me that he doesn’t have any money! So, of course I happen to have just enough cash to get my blizzard and little something for him! By this time it is after 9:00pm and they close at 10:00 and I say if you don’t want to go you don’t have to! At this point I don’t even think I really want the blizzard but I have been obsessing over it for almost 4 hours now so, I’m hinting to Michael that he doesn’t have to go but, being the wonderful husband that he is and he really thinks I want this blizzard he gets off the couch puts his shoes on goes out into the rain drives across town and back to give me my chocolate brownie blizzard and he gets nothing for himself so, I feel kind of bad especially since he didn’t get anything and because I didn’t really want it at this point! I eat it and it the 1st couple of bites are good and then I begin to force myself to eat the rest because these things are not cheap and I don’t want Michael to feel like I wasted money or his time and energy to get this for me so, I eat most of it! As soon as I’m down I began to feel this overwhelming since of guilt! I then I begin to have another internal conversation with myself “ Geez, Lynsey, it wasn’t even really that good and all those calories you just ate you probably gained 5lbs just from eating that!” and then I say to myself “ Ok, no more ice cream!” “Yeah I’ve heard that before!” All of this for a Chocolate Brownie Blizzard from the DQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment