Thursday, March 11, 2010

“Do they know who your momma is?”

Isn’t a mother’s love wonderful? Now that I am a mother I know how you can truly love someone so much that you would die for them. This mother thing is still pretty new to me. I have only been a mother for 1 ½ years but, I don’t want to talk about my role as a mother. I want to talk about my role as the child and how truly blessed I am to have MY mother for a mother. I have always known that MY mother was exceptional but recent events brought to light that MY Mom would do ANYTHING for me! Even thought I am an adult with child I will never stop being MY mother’s daughter!


When I was growing up I used to get so aggravated because all my friends loved my mom and would always want her around ( Now I see how truly lucky I am) She would try and be “cool” she would do things that other mothers wouldn’t or didn’t! She would perform concerts for me and my sisters! She would take us skating and skate right along with us snaking me and my friends around the rink and sometimes into the wall. :)  She would take me to ballgame after ballgame near and far. She was the loudest cheerleader and when it was needed she would be my biggest defender against the umps, refs or even the other team! She was there fighting the neighbors who called the cops on us for putting shaving cream on the street during a sleep over! She confronted the girl who stole my yearbook in Junior High! MY mother was my #1 defender and she always had my back! She made it so easy for me to talk to her (as long as she wasn’t watching T.V.! Ha-ha!) Anytime I had problem with someone she would always say “Do they know who your momma is?” it would annoy me at the time and I would respond with “Mom, they don’t care who you are!” This all leads me to say that my momma is the greatest and she proved it once again during my unfortunate stay in the hospital! Where I was held against my will! I wanted to ask those people “Do you know who my MOMMA is?” I know that my momma did all she know to do to try and rescue me but we were powerless! I believe she would’ve done just like she said and gone to jail for me if that’s what it took to get me out! It didn’t come down to that Thank Goodness but she proved that a mother NEVER stops being a mother to her child and as long as we are alive I know my mother will be my #1 supporter, defender and friend! I know how lucky I am that “SHE” is “MY” mother!

I love you, Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment