Thursday, April 15, 2010

What makes me feel this way?

I actually wrote the previous blog in my journal 3 days before I wrote this one!


"I feel like people expect so much out of me and it is so overwhelming. I feel like there is never enough time to do what I need or want to do. I feel so much pressure to live up to everyone's expectations to be the prettiest, smartest, funniest, the strongest, the most creative and artistic,  everyone's best friend, the perfect daughter, the perfect sister, the perfect wife, the perfect mother! I feel like I am supposed to be the shoulder the world can cry on and the rock it can lean on. When I start to feel this way I want o shut down and hide from the world so, I don't have to live up to those expectations."


So, I ask myself what causes me to feel this way?  Is it myself? Is it my mother? My friends? My husband? My sisters? My co-workers?  Is it people that I don't even know?

No comments:

Post a Comment